With the college bowl season in full swing, I’ve been getting my fill of games like the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl and the Duck Commander Independence Bowl (not to mention a bowl played outside the US – the Popeye’s Bahama Bowl!).
After some thought, here are some bowls I’d like to see:
- Little Orphan Annie Bowl – For teams that have had their coaches leave them before the end of the season.
- The “It’s Still not the Super” Bowl – The perfect set up for short-falling former NFL coaches like Jim Harbaugh, Steve Spurrier, Nick Saban, Mike Riley and Bobby Petrino.
- The Takata Air Bag Bowl – This would feature two teams currently under investigation by the NCAA.
- The Kurt Cobain Bowl – Brings in the two teams with the “students” that have failed the most drug tests.
- The Bo Schembechler Bowl – No passing allowed; would be perfect for a Georgia Tech/Navy match up.
- The Sarah Palin Bowl – This one is set up for two colleges that have quit their football program. It would be dinner only. This year is hosted by the University of Alabama – Birmingham.
I hope everyone has a happy and healthy 2015!